KINDNESS



BE KIND TO YOURSELF

I have been told numerous times, by various people that I am a kind person. I always go all out to make people happy, do the right thing, say the things they would rather hear as often as possible. 

The more I grow up, the more I become more experienced. I have learned that people do change, they tend to take your kindness and misuse it and misuse you. People don't always acknowledge or appreciate a good heart.


Can people stop associating being a good person with how much you are willing to suffer in silence for other people? 
You can be a kind person and still say "no, i don't have the time and or energy to help you with that"  You can be a kind person and still say "this makes me uncomfortable, please stop"
You can be a kind person and still say "I disagree and here is why"
You can be a kind person and still say, " I am not okay with this".

Sometimes you have to say no, but show them that you still love them. Yes, some people will hate you for rejecting them. At the end of the day, you cannot please everyone.
Being kind is about treating people with kindness and respect, not about being the human equivalent to a doormat.
  
I have decided to be kind to myself.  I have decided to re-apply my principles, my values, my ethics, my own beliefs to self. 
 I have decided to take care of myself, go to the gym, eat healthy, meditate, be gentle to myself, maintain my own boundaries, respect my needs and Love the ones who love me back.

(please do leave a comment, every comment will help me grow as a blogger. Thanks.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting your child play

Truthfully

Respecting your work